I'm back

For a moment I thought I wasn't. I had a near death experience. Let start from the beginning. I left Friday April 9th to NYC. My flight was supposed to leave at 9 am. Everything was going well until 830 when they announced my flight was going to be delayed until 11. I had not problem I was OK with that. Then at 1030 they say it said it was going to be delayed again until 1pm. I was starting to get upset. I had been at the airport since 7am. Delta gave us a meal voucher for $7 which was crap because a sandwich alone was $8.49, but whatever. At 1230 they came back on and guess what....yeap you probably guess right we got delayed again until 3pm. Now I was fuming. I tried to get another flight but everything was booked, thanks to spring break being over, people were going back home. They gave a voucher for $100 and told us that we should be leaving at 3pm. The problem on the plane was the lights on the floor of three of the rows weren't working. Delta knew about this problem from the night before because the pilots told us. We did finally leave at 3 and made to La Guardia airport at 6pm. The weekend was great. I had time to relax. We had a surprise party for my sister on saturday. I went to Carlos Bakery in Hoboken, NJ also known as Cake Boss from TLC channel. I also when to the city a couple of times. We also went to The Magnolia Bakery . I waited in line for an hour for their cupcakes and it was so worth it. Especially their banana pudding it is to die for. Monday was my last day. I decided to go early to the city to see if i could go inside Good Morning America. Which I did. I got there at 630 am. I even got a picture with Robin Robert and Juju Chang. I went by myself because everyone had to work. After that I walked from 42th street to 82th and Broadway to the Met, only to find out that it is closed on Mondays. I walk to 79th went through Central Park to the American Museum of Natural History. After I walked like 6 miles I went back to Queens to have lunch with Aunt and to get ready to go. Everything was going well. I got to the airport on time we were leaving on time. We even lifted off but after that things were not going well. I could feel the plane struggling to stay up. I had a window seat so I could see how close we were to the buildings. The nose of the plane dipped down at one point and we also went to its side. The pilot came on and said that we were going back to la Guardia. We were in the air for about an hour. I really thought that we weren't going to make it. When we were getting back to the run way it almost looked like we were going to land in the water we were so low. When we made it to the gate the pilot told us that we were having mechanical problems and that we were going to switch planes. We left La Guardia at 9pm. The whole time on the plane I was freaked out. I couldn't relax. Even yesterday at home I was trying to take a nap but whenever i closed my eyes it felt like I was back on the plane. Even talking about it makes me shake. I am just so glad to be home with my hub and monkeys. I'm back in my usual routine with the monkeys. They say they missed me. Good, because I missed them like crazy. I have to go and make lunch before the monkeys rage that fridge.


  1. I was freaked out too when I heard your voice on the phone right after it happened.

  2. excellent blog ... I invite you to visit my blog