7.10.2008

Gone Vegan

We have decided to go vegan for 30 days. We have been doing it for almost two weeks. It has not been too bad. I made vegan chili, pasta, and a black bean soup with tortillas. I found this two blogs Kitchen Parade and A Veggie Venture. I have gotten a lot of ideas and they all sound very yummy. The only problem I have is Jose, he has said that he misses eating chicken. I will not quit I want to change up what we eat.
I have also started to buy organic veggies and fruits. I found this really cool website with Green Buisness. On there I found a site where they have groups all around Dade and Broward county where you pick up two totes of veggies, fruits and greens that are from local farmers and are organic. They are called Organic Produce Buying Club of South Florida . The best thing is that the group I get my produce is just two roads down, it is actually closer then the supermarket.
I have been pretty busy also, I have a class Monday-Thursday from 10am-11:50am, then a 6pm the kids have swimming classes and then I have to do homework and or study. I don't know how I am getting through but I can not wait til I am done with school. I have stopped walking/running in the morning because I am just too tired to get up and I still doing the 3 mile run in September so I have to start training again.

2 comments:

  1. I have found some creative food ideas at laptoplunches.com They are not all vegan but it's a good starting point.

    Adria
    A mile in my Birks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great site, many good ideas for lunch for the kids and I. They don't require to much work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete